Thursday, September 09, 2004

Work - Uggghh

I don't like work. I feel like each day is a challenge to do as little as possible. Unfortunately I am very successful at this endeavor and now have a huge pile I have to get to. Which brings me back to the original thought - I don't like MY work. I have nothing against work in general. I just don't like boring shit.

When it's urgent - I fucking rock. I can run all around the warehouse, set up shipments in minutes, get my own skids and load them w/ 40 lb boxes. I love that part. The part that gets your blood pumping and makes you sweat. I could do w/o the broken nails but that's just a small thing. That must be leftovers from my sculpture days. The first time I made something I was amazed. This huge thing came from my 2 little hands, endless dumpster diving, and my imagination. It was a great feeling. Cant wait to leave this office and start some art classes over at FIU.

I hate sitting in front of a computer all day, waiting to be released. Making systems better, knowing that they wont be used in 2 months seems to useless. No, it doesn't seem useless - it is useless. I am fed up invoices and prices and credits and debits and fixing others mistakes. I slack all week and then come in on Saturday to make up for it. WTF? I read endless blogs, play computer games, take 2 hour lunches, come in at 11 and still no replacement for me. I do stay till around 8 or 7:30 if there is something good on TV. It's guilt. I feel bad for doing nothing all day, so my real work day begins at 5 when everyone else has left the building. There is no point coming in at 9 b/c I still leave around 8 anyway.

Bleah.

But I just got "To the 5 Boroughs" today along w/ Frida Khalo's Diary today so that rocks.

And I got tix for the BEASTIE BOYS!!! Yeah - still psyched about them.

And I just noticed that the warehouse had like 20 boxes of boxes of shoes. We get them wholesale and duty-free here, but I didn't like any. Boo.

"Saving one animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."