Friday, September 17, 2004

The Snake at Work

Amazingly enough, when talking about a snake at work, I am not talking about a co-worker, but an actual snake. It lives behind the warehouse and I have seen its left over skins. I have seen it slither away into the water and under trees. Today it was just sitting amongst the pine needles, only slightly curled so I could see that it was pretty long. It has a matte grey finish and flicked its little tongue at me. It is an Everglades Racer. Pretty cool, huh? Well, I think so.

I've seen him around, but now I know for certain that he isn't venomous. I never thought so because he doesn't look it, but it sure is nice to KNOW. I now also know that they will attack, which I did not think it would do. Minutes ago, I was a foot from its face, making eye contact. Won't do that in sandals anymore. Must have ankles covered.

I need my boots to come back from Medellin! My dad took them there over a month ago to be re-soled b/c they are like magicians w/ shoes over there. He is back in Medellin, so I should be reacquainted w/ my "new" boots in 9 days. Yay! I feel lost w/o some good comfy boots, and am too lazy to deal w/ the breaking in period for the new ones I have bought, so just resorted to getting the old ones fixed. Once I have them back I can go explore the jungle of the back of the warehouse and see what other cool things we have back there.





"Saving one animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."