Thursday, September 02, 2004

Francis veers ever so slightly to the north!

First off, I am very, very sorry for everyone who is north. I wish all of you the best of luck. I wouldn't wish what might happen to you on my worst enemy.

Bad thing - now that Francis looks like it will miss Miami, I am at work doing some last minute paperwork b/c now planes will be taking off.

Great thing - The Republican National Convention gets no coverage on local channels in Florida, a VERY important swing state (ha-ha) b/c its 24/7 hurricane coverage.

For some reason, this makes me happier than it should all things considered. Must be that Xanex. Everything makes me happy! Guess I really am happier b/c it looks like the trees I love will make through the weekend. I still really cant comprehend 24 hours of hurricane force winds or even tropical storm force winds. Guess I will be able to in a few days though.

I might even be able to stay at home during the hurricane. YAY!!!

I ran into a few friends buying beer for the hurricane parties - looks like I can attend one now. I was only 18 when Andrew hit, but that would have been really bad to deal w/ on acid which is what I would have been on when I was 18.

Though not a "good" girl, I am a better one now.


"Saving one animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."