Tuesday, January 29, 2008

from my first real boyfriend

he said this always reminded him of me

XXVII

Naked, you are simple as a hand,

minimal, supple, earthy, transparent, round.

The lunar markings, the pathways through the apple,

are yours; naked, you are slender as wheat.



The cuban blue of midnight is your color,

naked, I trace the stars and tendrils in your skin;

naked, you stand tawny and tremendous,

a summer's wholeness in cathedral gold.



Naked,you are tiny as your fingernail;

subtle and curved within the daybreak's pink

you thrust yourself into the subterranean world



a tunnel's length through our duress and clothing:

your clarity trims its flame, unfurls, or covers over,

and again you issue, naked as your hand.



P.Neruda

....swoon....

I was in 7th grade, maybe 9th? And totally thought i was fat, but in retrospect i wasnt.

Also the the other night I had dinner w/ someone from the building. We were in the elevator together and he asked me if i wanted to grab some pizza, I was starving so i said sure. He introduces me to everyone as "the prettiest girl in the building". After dinner we watched a movie at him place. It was pretty slow paced so I had a lot of time to talk. He is a doctor. I asked him a question he couldnt answer and was quite impressed. I love the moment of discovery when someone realizes I am smart. When I was 20, and I guess a lot cuter someone actually said, wow, you dont look smart. He said most girls in miami are so cardboard and i must agree w/ him there. The thing is I dont play the game. I look good, but i dont wear make-up, I wear heels like once a month and i live in flip flops or boots depending on the weather. Well, so now I am not only the prettiest girl in the building, I am also the smartest one. Right On!