Monday, August 07, 2006

onions are REALLY good for you

I just (well bout 2 weeks ago) got the most horrible rope burn from an Aspen Pet retractable leash. Everything else Aspen Pet sells is wonderful, but someone actually lost 2 fingers from this leash. I wont sue them, but will see if there is a class action I can join in on.

OK, this rope burn wraps around half of my mid thigh. Its going to turn out looking like a manatee scar just like the other one I have on my upper thigh.... I want to do everything I can to prevent this because, now I don't mean to brag, but I had a fucking kick ass tan and skin until this fugly, painful slashing. So I got me some mederma, for about $20 bucks a tube. Not cheap, but considering that it might help get rid of a lifetime scar (that robe burn went DEEP) it seemed worth the price. But once home I discovered that the main active ingredient in ONION BULB ROOT/ AKA: ALLIUM. So I google it, and here is what I found.

So I can return the expensive mederma, and just rub the root of a scallion (I really love onions) on the scar. I just think that is so cool.

Maserati update: just got off the phone with my father and though my mother refuses to discuss it, he said he is still thinking about it - he has not given up - yay! Their first car was a light blue VW that they brought to Europe and back when my dad was in the service. They toured through all of Europe with it, so I can only imagine that its got good memories, unless their roadtrips are like some of ours - and they didn't smoke pot to chill out.. Well, the car was named after my mom - she is kinda narcissistic so she loved it. I suggested my dad talk to her about a light blue one and name it after her again - TOTALLY moving on up kinda shit. Remember, both my parents are immigrants and arrived in the united states with absolutely NOTHING, so I gotta be proud. Not bragging, just so damn proud. I guess you can tell I'm not rich when I talk about returning a $20 salve and getting a $0.99 green onion to replace it!


now YOUR turn - comment!