Friday, December 17, 2004

Need help....again

I have this camera. A Sony Mavica. I used to love it, but now I am going to have to kill it. I loved it because it burns pictures on mini-CDs. Its so easy! I don't have to find a hole that I don't have in my old computer in which to put in a picture card. The disks are really cheap and each fit about 200 pictures in high enough resolution to get nice 8"x10", and the camera is CD-RW. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Yeah, like 3 years ago. We used to hook it up to TVs at the end of the night and watch our vacation pictures and movies. Now it seems that when you shoot some movies with this camera IT CANT FINALIZE THE DISK! This means I have about 400 pictures and/or videos from my honeymoon that I cant ever watch or see. I really don't like this.

What I want to know is if this can be fixed. Can someone retrieve the data on these 2 disks? My computer just spits them out as if they were diseased. It hurts. I have tried searching for a service like this but cant quite seem to be able to find one. I will pay good money to get my pictures back, but am not sure exactly how much I am willing to part with.

So the few readers out there - you helped me color my life once before and I implore you to reach within yourselves and find some genius who can make these small, shiny plastic disks into something meaningful. Please. I need disk data retrieval. Badly. I remember caves with many bats but my memory sucks and I want visual reminders. Is it too much to ask? As a wedding present?

I also stupidly erased a disk that had some INSANELY GREAT FOOTAGE OF POLICE MEANNESS AT THE FTAA PROTESTS IN MIAMI. I know there is even less hope for this little circle but he has such great stories to tell. It would be great if there was the technology to un-erase him. Is there? Though I doubt it, I hope so.

Please, ask your friends. I want my pictures back. Really, really badly.