Thursday, December 14, 2006

rare, unusual, and really boring

Now what could be all those things at once? Hmmm.....

Just happened to me.

Just got out of an elevator.

That I had been in for and HOUR.

Great story, but not much to tell.

I got to use the emergency elevator phone! That was definitely a highlight.

Lowlight - had to wait and hour for the Otis guy to come rescue me from between floors; one of them was the 11th - he was pretty hot :) I have this thing for strong muscular redheads who aren't scared to grab my dogs and save me, even if it was just part of his job and he probably got mad overtime for it.

Greatest thing about the long boring ordeal - I had my doggies with me and it happened AFTER their walk - thank god :)

I am odd. Oh yes. I did lots of yoga. Anything I could think of that didn't involve me lying on the floor. That in itself is not odd. It was the stripping down naked to do it just for the camera in the ator. That's what I called it while I was stuck in the box, because it sure as fuck wasn't doing anything close to elevating. Had I had some cigs, I could have smoked them. Had some time. Read everything. Smoking is only forbidden in an OPERATING elevator. But alas, only dogs. The worst part is that I missed Betty la Fea AKA Ugly Betty - but it was a repeat so that wasn't even bad. Another thing I am thankful for is that I was alone and didn't have to deal w/ anyone else's bullshit.

I tried to find just how many people get stuck in boxes, because as I am now a member of an elite club, I want to know just how elite it is. They all could be telling me its rare so I keep my faith in elevators.

This is what I found:


"Incidents involving elevators and escalators kill about 30 and seriously injure about 17,100 people each year in the United States, according to data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Injuries to people working on or near elevators, including those installing, repairing, and maintaining elevators, and working in or near elevator shafts– account for 14- 15 (almost half) of the deaths. The two major causes of death are falls and being caught in/between moving parts of elevators/escalators. Incidents where workers are in or on elevators or platforms that collapse, are struck by elevators or counterweights, or are electrocuted are also numerous."

Oh yeah, I don't know if you caught that, but I kept my clothes on :)

now YOUR turn - comment