Monday, March 21, 2005

blogging survey

I copied this off a comment. Thought I would post it b/c I too am interested in peoples takes on blogs. Since I have started reading them I am contstantly being exposed to other points of view. Some I love, and some I loathe but most are valid in their own special way. So here is the commenter:


Let me apologize in advance for the unsolicited nature of this email.
I am a Master's Candidate student in Industrial Technology at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. My fellow graduate students and I are conducting an online blog survey to understand "why bloggers blog."
http://questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=212512
It should take no more than 5 minutes to finish, and the results will be publicly published online. Should you have time, please participate and contribute to our data set. It would also be great if you might mention the survey with a link on your blog entry, or forward the link to your friends. We hope that the survey will spread around and, most importantly, we want people from a wide range of demographics and countries to fill it out. Of course, this is totally at your discretion and certainly understandable if you don’t feel comfortable doing this. We know there have been many online studies done on blogs, but we have not yet seen one with the goal of determining "why bloggers blog." I appreciate you taking the time to read this email. Should you have any questions feel free to email me back.
Sincerely yours,
Adam Bennett
Master's Candidate
Appalachian State University
828.773.0487

Mish again - I also love Boone. One of the coolest towns around. If he went to UM I doubt I would have gone throught the effort. Yeah I know I am pre-judging w/ that, but I REALLY hated the people who went to UM. Way too many BMW's w/ stickers that said "I love my daddy's money". UM is a good school but it sucks to be surrounded by the snobs from the north east.